Covid-19 Update

Modifications of Divorce Orders

modifcation-divorce-attorney-oklahoma-cityUnderstanding Modifications of Divorce Orders

If you find yourself faced with a court order from a family judge, it may be a good idea to retain a family law attorney from Atkins & Markoff. Examples of court orders that may be issued by a family law judge include cases of child support in need of payment regardless of whether or not the parents ever married. These cases of spousal support oftentimes come up while the divorce is pending. Because these types of court orders are enforceable by law, it may be helpful to enlist the services of an attorney who understands the system. If an individual is unable to fulfill the requirements set in place by the court order, it could lead to legal and financial problems.

There are many circumstances that could contribute to an individual’s inability to pay the child support, such as the loss of a job or injury. Other examples of cases where the original court order needs to be modified include the parent with custody of the child wanting to relocate, but you are fearful it will affect a visitation or custody order that has been set in place. Regardless of your reasoning, if you need to file a modification to a court order request, we can help. These cases can be complicated and require a great deal of paperwork to prove your hardship, which is where family law attorneys at Atkins & Markoff come in. We will work hard to provide evidence of your hardship or fulfill your need to move to a different location that will keep you from adhering to the court order. An Atkins & Markoff family law attorney will be able to walk you through each step of the process and help ensure you have all the necessary documentation in place to help your case.

Contact Atkins & Markoff Today

Atkins & Markoff is an Oklahoma City law firm that offers consultation services. We have more than 100 years of experience working a wide range of cases throughout Tulsa, Norman, and other surrounding areas. We are committed to working closely with all of our clients and providing the best possible representation for your particular case. If you need to file a petition to modify a court order, contact our legal team today!